Code of Regulations Archive trainees
1. While in your uniform, please respect your senior member regardless of age.
2. Regardless of location, TaeKwonDo practitioners should respect others.
3. During conversation : concentrate to listen from the person with eye contact and never interrupt while the other is still talking ; During a multi-persons discussion, let the other person speak first and while speaking, mind your attitude and choose your wording carefully.
4. During Dojang Exercise
i. Bow to the national/School flag when entering and leaving the Dojang.
ii. Bow when entering and leaving the Dojang.
iii. Bow to the Chief Instructor and other senior members based on their rank when entering or leaving the dojang.
iv.Latecomer should bow to the instructor first. Secondly, bow to the member leading the warmup and then bow to the senior members. Lastly, walk from the side to the end to line up and start the warm up exercise.
v. When accepting a certificate or certificate of merit, colour belt students should bow and accept with both hands. Black belt students should bow and accept with his/her right hand while his/her left hand holding the right elbow.
vi. Both inside and outside of dojang and regardless of age, students should respect the instructors.
vii. Senior members can speak in a serious tone to the junior members but they shouldn’t insult the junior members.
viii. Instructors and senior members have the authority to punish the junior offenders but the punishment should be reasonable.
ix. Before speaking to a senior member, he/she should be addressed as Coach, Sir or Madam. Senior members shouldn’t be addressed by their first name as it is a sign of disrespectful.
x. Inside the dojang, all decision are based upon the instructor. (Except for president or vice-president.)
5. In any dojang, the students should obey the reasonable commands by their senior members and avoid using the mobile phone.
6. Be friendly and have a learner’s attitude towards other TaeKwondo School or practitioner.
7. Be humble, serious, hard-working and friendly while learning.
8. TaeKwonDo is a sport, it shouldn’t be use in bullying or causing any trouble.
9. TaeKwonDo is also a self-defense martial art, It shouldn’t be used due to anger or provoking by others. It should only be used in control to defend yourself.
10.In case of absence, inform your instructor before class starts or it’ll be treated as absenteeism.
11. Third absenteeism may lead to termination of student membership.
12. Students should be caring for the public properties and return the equipment or items to the original position.
13. Students should NOT participate in other TaeKwonDo school or association but we encourage our students to train in our dojang at different location.
14. To make up a lesson at different Shing Wu dojang, student must obtain prior approval from his/her original instructor and the approval from the instructor of the selected dojang.
15. Students should not wear any jewelry, necklace and earrings, to avoid accidents.
16. Student in robe shall not lean against any chair and he/she shall sit with one’s legs across.
17. During training and competition, student should obey the guidance of his/her instructor/coach. Fail to do so might result in termination of his/her student membership.
18. Students with the opposite sex are advised to avoid physical contact, to reduce unnecessary misunderstandings.